Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mighty Woo for the National WBT Conference!

OK, so today was great, using the WBT techniques and program. I am currently teaching a Summer Camp for the HEEP program in Caddo Parish, LA. Loved the National conference in LA, and have been using the WBT model with the summer group. I realized at the conference that the techniques I have been using for the last 1.5 years (using only the online videos and a seminar given by Diane Woodward) were lacking in a few, but crucial, areas. I teach music, specifically this summer: guitar for 3rd-6th grades and recorder for 1st and 2nd grades. My school is now closed and is supposed to be merging with another school in the fall, yet the teachers haven't been informed officially if they will be at the other school. Times are tough all around, and not sure if I will be teaching music or science in the fall (certified in K-12 Instrumental Music as well as 6-12 General Science). However, whichever subject I teach will be greatly enhanced by the WBT techniques and I am so grateful to all of you who have made this possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment